Monday, April 19, 2010

Go Diego Go Party!!


This past week was my little boy's birthday!! He is totally in a Diego Stage and since our family is far far away, I thought it was appropriate to invite some of his little friends and throw him a Diego party. It was a lot of fun. I found many cute "jungle/diego" themed birthday party ideas at various sites online but one site was my favorite!!!
If your child is wanting a Nickelodeon themed party, this is the place to go
They have recipes, party games and activities, invitations, iron on printables, decor and much more!!! It was a great resource and helped alleviate much of the stress that accompaines planning a party.
I really loved the recipes I found and used these two for our fiesta!
Here is how my cake turned out!!
My cupcakes were not as awesome but they served their purpose!! Forgot to take a pic, but trust me the example is MUCH cuter!!
I also tried to tie in our food with the whole jungle theme!! So for our little lunch we served
dried ants- dried cranberries
bettle wings- chips
crocodile teeth- apple slices
jungle juice- juice boxes
snake skin- fruit roll-ups
Quesadillas
I also made some fun headbands for our guests to wear. These were SO easy to make and a lot of fun. At Hobby Lobby (and I am sure many other places) I found some jungle print felt and knew I had to use it for the party. All I did was cut 1.5 x 12 inch strips of the printed felt and sew it onto a 2 X 31 ish inch piece of solid print felt. The kids loved them. My favorite was the giraffe- how cute to put this onto some pink fabric... (too bad no pink was allowed at my boys party!!)
Here are the three types I made
We also hit a pinata, decorated paper bag diego vests and colored!! Such a fun morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment