Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Banner

 My mantle was looking pretty plain this year after putting all my Halloween decor down. Even though it is a short time until we will put up our Christmas decorations, I decided to make something to spruce it up.
I pulled a couple ideas I have seen recently together and came up with this





This was pretty simple, just took a bit of time to put together.
I cut each of my squares 6X8 (however now measure 5X7 after front and back pieces sewn together) 
As you can see, this is not hanging up on my little mantle- it was way too big but I like it this way- so you can  obviously adjust your square size to fit where you want it to go

My letters are felt and embroidered on using a back stitch
I originally planned
 on attaching rings onto each little panel through an eyelet
and then threading some sort of rope through but
in the end decided on using ribbon to attach everything together
-I still may change it later on, but for now, I am happy!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love all the different fabrics you used!
    Would love for you to link up to my Catch a Glimpse party.
    http://adventuresofthemichelenafamily.blogspot.com/2010/11/catch-glimpse-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete