Monday, November 22, 2010

I {Heart} Pumpkin

This is by far one of my all time favorite Thanksgiving decorations
I feel like it does a pretty good job explaining my LOVE for pumpkin!
I'm pretty much obsessed with it!
 Back in nursing school, it was such a delight to find out that my 3 close friends all loved pumpkin just as much as me. One day, my friend brought a whole book of pumpkin recipes to pharmacology class and so of course we all spent the whole class period copying down recipes. I even made my other friend get a little teary eyed when describing Cold Stone's pumpkin pie ice cream combo. So great!!

So since it's Thanksgiving week, I thought I would share our favorite pumpkin pie recipe. 
It was made very clear by my dear husband that his mom's pumpkin pie was his favorite and the only one he would truly love. After 5 years of perfecting it, I would agree- it's pretty delicious.....

So here it is....
Extra Good Pumpkin Pie
1 1/2 c canned or mashed cooked pumpkin
3/4 C sugar
1/2 t salt
1 t ginger
1 1/4 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t cloves
3 slightly beaten eggs
1 2/3 c evaporated milk (one can)
Combine pumpkin, sugar, spices, salt. Add eggs, mix. Add milk, blend. Pour into a 9 inch pie crust. 
Bake 400 for 15 min then reduce to 325 and bake 45 min longer
 or until knife inserted comes out clean

Pumpkin pie not your thing?? (btw... I feel sad for you :) !!)
Here are some other pumpkin recipes that may fill the void.....
 Dana from the MADE blog made my life when she posted about her love for pumpkin and had a Submit your Pumpkin Recipe series- you can find SO many great recipes here

Also, we had these last night- they were very tasty!!!
here is another amazing pumpkin list
and
I made these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls last week- (recipe found here at Idea Room)
and they didn't disappoint!

I better stop now...

Happy eating!!


No comments:

Post a Comment