Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Solution to those Duvet/Comforter woes

cue cheesy infomercial voice...
Has your comforter ever ended up looking like this??

Have you ever pulled your comforter over you only to feel the thin layer of your duvet cover..

Have you been seeing large bumps, lumps and other clumps randomly placed located across your bedspread??

If so, have I got the solution for you......

K sorry, I just had to- but really I FEEL this way. Nothing irrates me more than having my comforter all bunched up and LOST in my duvet cover.

Thankfully my mother in law told me how to solve my problem.
Here are the steps, super easy and quick!!!

1: First get some ribbon- Grosgrain holds the best in my opinion

2- Next cut 8- 12inch strips

3-Now take your comforter and 4 of your ribbons and sew (hand or machine) each ribbon to each corner

4- Now turn  your Duvet inside out

5- Now do the same thing as you did with the comforter- sew the remaining 4 to each corner

6- Spread your comforter out on the ground

7-Lay the inside out duvet on top and tie the top two corners

8- Now go inside the duvet and grab a corner to pull the duvet right side out. Then tie the remaining two together
And that's it!!

AHH it will be sweet dreams tonight!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsea! Great idea. I have that polka dot pillow too!

    I'm not sure if you saw that I picked you to guest post for me while I am out of town. I just wanted to check to see if you want to do that. You can do a new project or revamp an old one. Or, if it's too stressful, you don't have to do it.

    Ok, let me know what you think.

    XOXO
    Jen
    {tatertots & jello}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelsea, that is pure genius! I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. I think I have that exact same duvet and the exact same problem! Thanks for the tip! Also, thanks for posting my button (Frugalicious)!

    ReplyDelete