Friday, October 22, 2010

Skeleton Costume

Awhile back, while brainstorming costume ideas for my son... I came upon this
The minute I saw it, I knew I needed to have it-
that is until I came back to reality and realized I probably shouldn't be spending $50 on a costume.
I went back into Pottery Barn Kids a couple times to check it out (always just to torture myself) and decided that I could make it myself.
And I did. 
I found some black sweats and long sleeve shirt at Walmart for cheap
and bought 1/4 of a yard of felt @ 50% off
Grand total: $7
I used Pottery Barn's costume as a general reference, cut out some bones and hand sewed them on. Took maybe 3 hrs max and I was done!!
(I liked the look of hand sewn better- think how much quicker this would be on the machine!)


It was such a fun costume to make and looks pretty stinkin cute on

Wouldn't you say!!
We had our first Halloween activity today and got to try it out
Let the fun festivities begin!!

7 comments:

  1. You did such a great job! Blake looked so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Chelsea! I am making Oscar a skeleton costume, too - Oscar is obsessed with all the halloween "bones." :)

    Anyway, I like your hand stitching! That looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. That is DARLING! Flip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! He looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin cute!!! Oh my gosh, are you so proud of yourself?! What a great costume, and you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chelsea - I absolutely love this idea! I just linked to your page from my site:

    http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Halloween-Costumes/Seven-Dollar-Skeleton-Costume

    I hope that's okay. Please let me know...

    Thanks!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete